# CDNBye Cross-platform P2P Engine
Let your viewers become your unlimitedly scalable CDN.
We are proud to support the largest number of devices in the market today. Our SDK has been continuously perfected by the best engineers.
# How does CDNBye work?
The traditional streaming media mode is that the player requests data from the CDN (source server) for progressive playback. CDNBye integrates the SDK on the client side, embeds a layer of proxy between the player and the network. WebRTC is used to create a peer-to-peer mesh network that helps users load video content from each other. Our hybrid switching algorithm determines whether a viewer should load the next segment from CDNBye’s p2p network or the publisher’s CDN. This allows CDNBye to shrink a content provider’s bandwidth usage, while also maximizing a user’s viewing experience.
# Boost User Experience
Being able to deliver high quality and stable video stream to the users is a must to maintain high service quality and drive user satisfaction. By utilizing CDNBye P2P MESH streaming solution, it does not rely on a single link from a client to your streaming server and therefore less prone to network disruption, which will lead to better user experience.
# Save on CDN Expenses
CDNBye uses MESH networking to deliver most of the video. Your CDN is only used when p2p network unavailable and to allow faster startup. You can save valuable money and resources.
# Easy to Integrate
CDNBye allows simple integration with a few lines of code. Switching to P2P-CDN streaming has never been easier. Your integration will be done in mere minutes. Compatible with all CDNs, agnostic to DRM and video codecs. No service side changes required.
# ISP Friendly
Peer-to-peer functionality has long been deemed non beneficial for Internet Service Providers as it puts strain on their network infrastructure. CDNBye actually reverses that by only interconnecting peers grouped up by ISP and regions, which allows ISPs that have OTT services to benefit from peer-to-peer in way never before possible.
# Get Started for Free
CDNBye provides 25GB of free traffic per day to help you start at zero cost.
- Access https://oms.cdnbye.com and register
- If you are integrating Web P2P:
- Click on the Website Management button in the sidebar, then register your domain and wait for review
- After approved, follow the documentation to integrate SDK according to the streaming type and player:
- If p2p does not work, follow troubleshooting steps here
- If you are integrating native SDK or Electron:
- Click on the APP Management button in the sidebar, get your private token, then register your AppId and wait for review
- After approved, follow the documentation to integrate SDK according to the platform:
- Release your App once ready
- If p2p does not work, get troubleshooting steps here
- Go back to dashboard, where you can view statistics